Wannabes!!!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wannabes …There so many…I met so many all through out my life…
In college, I have found some small town girls wanting to be hype like the girls from metros…Girls from metros want to be as cool as the NRIs; the NRIs want to be like those firang females…And there are so many wannabes… The language, slang to be specific, dressing style, topics of discussion they pick up from their so-called ideals… I just want to make one point very clear, making someone your ideal and trying to emulate them is far, far different than being a wannabe and copying the so-called ideal of yours and giving up your true self in the process. Now, same is the story with guys wannabes…The guys want to be John-look-alike, will sport long, straightened hair, no matter how bad they look with all those split ends and weird colours, SRK look-alike will wear bright, zingy-zangy shirts. I could spot so many guys, wearing those tight T-shirts and in process of building body, they end up with disproportionate body… I firmly believe that “Looking Good” is a feeling common with most of human beings, but in this process, why to end up being a joke!

0 comments: